- The fossil fuel industry (FFI) incurs no cost and pays no penalty for spewing its carbon waste materials into our atmosphere.
- The rate of increase in global warming is equivalent to exploding 400,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs daily.*
- The fossil fuel industry will continue destroying the planet because so much money is at stake.
- Government doesn’t act because it is controlled by the fossil fuel industry that provides large sums of cash to politicians of both major parties.
- Unless we can neutralize the power of the fossil fuel industry and stop it, we are doomed.
* James Hansen, Columbia University